1837 - 1897 (59 years)
||Ambrose (Anthony) Vlasto |
||23 Dec 1837
||23 Sep 1897
||Craven Lodge, Sefton Park, Liverpool, Lancashire, England UK 
- DOD reported in the funeral coverage, Liverpool Mercury, 28 Sep 1897. According to the church burial register, DOD is 23 Sept 1897 according to the ancient Julian calendar, still followed at that time by the Greek Orthodox Church. The latter seems to be in error. 
- Ambrose Anthony Vlasto of "Ganavali" Aigburth Drive, Sefton Park, Liverpool, died 23 Sep  at Craven Lodge, Sefton Park, Liverpool; Administration, London, 7 Jan  to Alexander Anthony Vlasto [his brother], esquire; Effects £17,839 3s. 8d. 
||27 Sep 1897
||Smithdown Road Cemetery, Toxteth Park, Liverpool, Lancashire, England UK
- After a church service Nikephoros Zervos, The Greek Church of St Nicholas, Liverpool, England, presided at the burial.
- Buried in Section N, plot 378.
- Folio Entry C/N Section Grave Class
1394 27846 N N 378 352 CEM 9/2/5 
- Funeral date reported in the funeral coverage, Liverpool Mercury, 28 Sep 1897. According to the church registers, burial date is 27 Sept 1897 according to the ancient Julian calendar, still followed at that time by the Greek Orthodox Church. This apparently was not the case.
- Mourners included his brothers Alex. A. Vlasto, Theo. A. Vlasto and P. A. Vlasto, M. P. Rodocanachi (brother-in-law [actually his niece's husband]), M. P. Vlasto and Ant. A. Vlasto (nephews), L. M. Calvocoressi, Geo. Psicha, Geo. Scarnmanga (sic), N. A. Fachiri, A. Fachiri, S. Spartali, D. A. Galati, A. D. Galatti, P. N. Paspati, Geo. C. Ralli, C. C. Ralli, P. C. Ralli, E. A. Ralli, Alex. D. Ralli, P. J. Schilizzi, A. Benachi, George Galatti, N. Frangopulo, N. Servastopulo, among others.
- Residence: 1881, Oakhill Park, Hawthorn House, West Derby, Lancs, England; 1897, 'Gunavah,' Aigbburth Drive, Sefton Park, Liverpool; burial records address: 181 Lodge Lane, Toxteth Park, Liverpool, England.
- His house, 'Gunavah' in Aigbburth Drive, Sefton Park, Liverpool, was photographed in ca. 1891 (Historic Monuments' Commission archive in Savile Row, London, in 2002). It is also the subject of some unflattering comments.
- 1881 England census [West Derby (rural) Dist. 25]: household at 'Hawthorn House,' Oak Hill Park, Liverpool, was headed by Paul Z. Rodocanachi, widower, 61, cotton merchant, b. Greece; sons Ambrose, 25 and Matthew, 20, both cotton merchants; Paul, 18, scholar; daughters Despina, 17; Marigo, 16; all scholars, b. Liverpool; daughter, Anastasia Vlasto, 28, b. Manchester; Ambrose A. Vlasto, son-in-law, 43, general merchant, b. Austria; & 5 servants. Located next to Contostavlos family's, 'Athenian Villa.'
- Ambrose A. Vlasto, 21, b. Chios, unmarried, merchant, swore allegiance to the Greek state on 19 Nov 1861 at the Greek consulate Taiga [Russia]. 
||19 Dec 2021 |
||Antony Alexander (Alexander) Vlasto, b. 1804, Chios, Greece d. Bef 1856, Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece (Age 52 years) |
||Calliope (Stephanos) Ralli, b. 1811, Smyrna/Izmir, Turkey d. 15 Feb 1895, cours du Chapitre 11, Marseille, Bouches-du-Rhône, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur,France (Age 84 years) |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- [S39] Biographical Notices and Obituaries of Liverpool Worthies 1879-1923.
- [S126] 1881 England Census.
- [S40] Liverpool Probate Registers, 1898.
- [S82] UK National Probate Calendar Indexes, 1858-1966, 1973-1995.
- [S12] Burial records, St Nicholas Greek Church, Liverpool, England, 252.
- [S117] Liverpool Toxteth Park Cemetery.
- [S25] Greek State Archives (Syros).
This site powered by v. 14.0.3, written by Darrin Lythgoe © 2001-2023.
Maintained by .